Call to Pre-Order yous TODAY!
What’s new on the P950?
And now for those of you already familiar with the P-series line, here are the particulars regarding what’s new on the P950 compared with the predecessor model P900 from 2015:
• The P950 can record RAW files, the P900 could only capture JPEGs.
• The P950 captures video up to 4K UHD, the P900 topped out at Full HD (1920×1080).
• The P950 is rated to 5.5 stops of Vibration Reduction, the P900 topped out at 5 stops.
• There is now full manual recording capabilities in movie mode, which the P900 did not provide.
• The P950 adds a flash hot shoe.
• The P950 adds an external mic jack and a wired remote jack, but drops IR remote support.
• The P950 drops built-in GPS and NFC, but adds Bluetooth.
Characterized by its expansive zoom, the COOLPIX P950, from Nikon, is a versatile compact camera offering a unique mixture of stills and video capabilities along with reach to photograph even the most distant of subjects. The 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor features a back-illuminated design that contributes to a high degree of clarity and reduced noise to better suit working at high sensitivities and in difficult lighting conditions. The sensor also permits recording UHD 4K video at up to 30 fps, Full HD video at up to 60 fps, and in-camera time-lapse recording and movie creation.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the P950 is, of course, distinguished by its huge 83x optical zoom lens, which covers a 24-2000mm equivalent focal length range. This immense reach is benefitted by Dual Detect Vibration Reduction, which compensates for the effects of camera shake in order to realize sharper results when shooting handheld. Additionally, the P950 also features a bright 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder, large 3.2″ 921k-dot vari-angle touchscreen LCD, and has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless sharing and remote camera control.
16MP BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED Image Processor
In addition to stills, the P950 is also capable of UHD 4K video recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording at 60 fps. Time lapse recording is supported, too, with in-camera processing to produce time lapse movies at 25 or 30 fps playback.
83x Optical Zoom NIKKOR Lens
- Bright 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is a clear and useful means for eye-level monitoring and benefits working at longer focal lengths by serving as an additional physical point of contact against the camera.
- For image review and menu navigation, a large 3.2″ 921k-dot LCD touchscreen is featured, and has a vari-angle design to better enable working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work in conjunction with Nikon’s SnapBridge app for wireless file transferring and remote camera control from a linked mobile device.