A versatile and compact point-and-shoot, the black PowerShot SX730 HS from Canon combines a wide-reaching zoom with apt multimedia recording capabilities. Employing a 20.3MP 1/2.3″ High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, smooth image quality is afforded along with enhanced low-light sensitivity and minimal noise when working with sensitivities up to ISO 3200. The sensor and processor also enable shooting continuously at a rate of 5.9 fps as well as recording Full HD 1080p/60 video. Benefitting the imaging capabilities is a 40x zoom lens, which covers a 24-960mm equivalent focal length range, to suit photographing in a wide variety of situations. Intelligent IS complements this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Sleek and pocketable, the SX730 HS is also characterized by its 3.0″ 922k-dot tilting LCD monitor, which is perfect for shooting from low angles or taking well-composed selfies, and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera from a paired smartphone or tablet.
- 20.3MP CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- A 20.3MP 1/2.3″ High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor pairs with the DIGIC 6 image processor to realize notable image quality and speed to permit stills shooting at up to 5.9 fps and Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps. Together, the sensor and processor also produce clean image quality and enhanced sensitivity to ISO 3200 with minimal noise for working in difficult lighting conditions. The processor also enhances focusing speeds and subject tracking capabilities, as well as avails 5-axis Dynamic IS to compensate for camera movement for smoother video quality.
- 40x Zoom Lens and Intelligent Image Stabilization
- An expansive 40x optical zoom lens offers a wide-angle to super telephoto equivalent focal length range of 24-960mm to suit working with a wide variety of subjects. This extensive reach is complemented by a versatile Intelligent IS image stabilization system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for both stills and video shooting:
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernible when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly share your photos and movies with a linked smartphone or tablet as well as remotely control the camera from the mobile device by using the Camera Connect app. Mobile devices can also connect to the camera using Bluetooth for remotely adjusting settings and gaining a live view image from your smartphone or tablet. Bluetooth connectivity also allows you to use your smartphone’s location data to geotag your photos, and the date can also be stamped on your imagery for easy reference.
- Other Camera Features
- A large 3.0″ 922k-dot LCD monitor is available for composing imagery, navigating the menu, and reviewing photos and videos, and the screen can be tilted upward 180° to suit working from low and front-facing angles.
- Zoom Framing Assist automatically zooms in or out to keep a subject within the frame and in focus when using longer focal lengths.
- MF Peaking is available for a clearer, more objective means to attain sharp focus when manually focusing.
- Self Portrait Mode encompasses a range of tools for capturing the perfect selfie, including skin tone smoothing, background blurring, brightness adjustment, and a customizable self-timer. This mode can be accessed through the menu or can be automatically activated when the screen is tilted a full 180°.
- Creative Shot mode utilizes various compositional, color, and lighting elements from an original image in order to produce a new, unique image with artistic flair.
- Story Highlights can automatically produce a highlight reel, comprised of videos and photos from a day or an event, and then add music and effects for playback.